Thursday, September 21, 2006

In Memory of Tony

Tonight I want to thank God for Tony's life.
It has been one year today since his death, and he is remembered with love by Mom, me, James, and all his family and friends.
It's difficult to revisit the events of a year ago. It's painful to miss him so much. But I'm so glad he was my step-father, and I take the difficulty and pain along with the joyful and loving memories.

Tony, I know you're proud of this search we've been a part of. I'm grateful to God for all he did in your last days, especially - but also just for making you you.

Thank you, God, for Tony's life - that's the purpose of this post as I said at the beginning.

And, to end with, a note to my step-father now in heaven: I believe you were right about your church. (And I use that wording "you were right" intentionally --- and humbly --- in light of numerous conversations about the wide variety of things I got to be right about.)

I love you. We miss you. Can't wait to see you again.

No comments: